Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not so Grand at the Grand Sierra


Priceline snagged us the Grand Sierra in Reno, NV for the low price of 30.00. This was a 3 1/2 star hotel. Woo Hoo !!



As you walk in over to the right is this statue of the Pony Express.



I just checked, the Pony Express did pass thru Carson City, however it went south of Lake Tahoe and Reno, NV is north of both. I will let this one slide. It is still a neat statue.




I am almost positive there are quite a few hotels that can be had for this low low price in Reno.

First, not so grand thing, was the undisclosed Resort Fee. I am sure Priceline probably disclosed it someplace, however being on a small laptop with the small print makes it even smaller. It was only 10.00 plus the state's cut. We did get some things with fee, the most tangible was the 2 bottles of water. Both MeAsWe and I (or is that me) drank ours as soon as we got to the room.

The room was unbelievably comfortable, huge and downright luxurious. Shhh don't tell MeAsWe I took a picture while she was sleeping. The bed was really really comfy.



Included in the Resort Fee is Wi-Fi. Now some places, like Motel 6 charges 2.50 for the Wi-Fi connection.

So if you take the retail price of a bottle of water, say 1.89 X 2 or 3.78, add in the Wi-Fi fee of 2.50 thats 6.28 so the real Resort Fee is around 3.72.

What really gets me is there is NO Mr Coffee machine with those sometimes not so great packets of coffee, which are impossible to open first thing in the morning. I had to walk to get coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you probably needed the walk after all that bike riding.