Thursday, September 8, 2011

As Pigs Fry

Smoke Chasing 2011 wrap up.

With our travels out West we were able to cover the 15 state requirement to become BBQ Pit Masters. The levels were to visit/eat at follows:

5 places in 3 states you become a Griller

3 places in 5 states you become a Smoker

1 place in 15 states you are a BBQ Pit Master


I have to say I was not a big fan or more accurately I would not go out of our way for BBQ, but I learned what I like and don't like this year. In the future, BBQ will have a place in my heart (or is that attack my heart) and will stop more often at the joints as we come across them. Oh, brisket is at the top of the list. I still don't know what good, great or wonderful BBQ is, but I do know what crap BBQ tastes like. Only 1 place had that distinction this year.

There was (or is that were) 400 entrants in the Inaugural Tour. Here's what we submitted. We did accomplish the Smoker level as well, just in case we didn't get to the BBQ Pit Master level.

MA Holy Smokes BBQ Delicatessen



NY Fireside BBQ and Grill (this was awful)



NH KC Rib Shack Bar-B-Que



CT Little Marks Big Barbecue



VT Curtis All American Bar B Q



RI United BBQ



ME Mainely Bar-B-Que and Company



NJ Jersey Shore BBQ & Catering



UT Kaiser's Barbecue



WY Bubba's Bar-B-Que



MT Beartooth Barbecue



WA The Lariat Bar-B-Que



OR Russell Street Bar-B-Que



CA Fat Daddy's Gourmet BBQ



NV Ritchie's BBQ



Who was the best...gotta go to KC's Rib Shack in Manchester NH. They be Smokin

No comments: