Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One for the Money, Two for the Show...Go Cat Go

Coming out of Arkansas, Me and We find ourselves making miles toward Memphis, TN. Having to make up some time lost in New Orleans with the flat, there was one spot I just wanted to hit and of course it is a National Landmark.




Sun Records was founded in 1952 by Sam Phillips renting a place on Union Street. Sun Records covered the full range of artists for the period, including gospel, blues, country and boogie. In 1954 a star in the making called Elvis wandered into Sam's place and the world of music changed. Following Elvis, came Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Charlie Rich and Conway Twitty.

Now the above picture was taken with me standing in the street with We saying, "Hey can't you read". This isn't the first time I have ignored signs like that and it will not be the last time.





As I write, my feet are a tappin away.

No comments: