Sunday, November 11, 2012

Silver in the Road

I have been haunting MeAsWe for the last 3 weeks or so, asking if she went to the Post Office. Constantly asking "Did they come yet". Even wrote to Ira. The day after Ira got back to me there was an envelope at that post office. One problem, it was addressed to MeAsWe. I threw at her (well that might be an overstatement) and said here's yours, maybe mine will be here tomorrow. She cut the envelope open and the IBA had included both our certificates. I went from disappointment to grinning from ear to ear.

Alot of riders will tell you the piece of paper means nothing, but for me it does. Call me shallow, self indulgent or plastic, these certificates just do something for me. As of 2010 some 33,000+ riders have completed the SaddleSore 1000. As of 2010, only 84 riders has completed the National Park Tour Silver certificate. In 2011, 7 more folks earned the Silver and as of 11/01/12 only 1 other person, other that us, earned a Silver.

This is my 3rd National Park Tour. MeAsWe has completed 2 Tours. We both started one other tour which was cut short.

 

No comments: