Monday, October 20, 2014

The Finishing Touches

Sunday and Monday I put the finishing touches on 2 Grand Tours. The first one was Team Strange's Anniversary Tour, involving spelling TEAM STRANGE AIRHEADS 30 with town enter signs or post offices using the first letter of the town. There was an alternate method spelling the phrase in the least mount of towns such as using TEAneck NJ for the first 3 letters of TEAM. I grabbed the last town for that method in IRA, VT and was getting ready to post my results, deciding to reread the rules. There would be only 1 winner with this method and all others that submitted this way would get zilch so I opted to fill in the missing letters.


Needed 2 E's and 1 A, Sunday grabbed Attleboro, East Greenwich and Exeter.


12 Attleboro MA DSC_3508_09_10Enhancer ES

16 Exeter RI DSC_3541_2_3Enhancer ES

For this one I had to ride down the sidewalk and park right in front of the door. One person said I looked I was all prepared for Ebola, because of my one piece riding suit. I smiled. Others just gave me this kinda of look that my bike did not belong where it was.

11 East Greenwich RI DSC_3532_3_4Enhancer ES

Slideshow of all 20 towns and routes (route 30) CLICK HERE

The President Tour sounded easy in the beginning of the season. Grab towns and/or counties that are named for Presidents, earn 1 point. Get the birth places find evidence of such get 4 points, limited to 5. Big Bonus locations (10 Points), the closest location for me was Washington DC and the Washington Monument. 30 points for a picture of you, your bike and any living current or ex US President. For both of these tours, you had to score at least 25 points to finish.


Finishing this tour up I grabbed Lincoln RI on Sunday and headed into the Boston area for John F Kennedy's birthplace in Brookline and George H Bush in Milton.


Birthplace  John F Kennedy DSC_3550_1_2Enhancer ES

Birthplace George H Bush DSC_3565_6_7Enhancer ES

Lincoln DSC_3520_1_2Enhancer ES

CLICK THIS for the places I grabbed for this tour. Less than 20 pictures.


Sent both in on Monday night. I don't have a clue how many folks are competing in these. The Double Down tour has at least 100 participants and results will be announced October 25th or so.


What do I get for these, entry into some prize pools, a pin, a T-Shirt and some great roads getting there.






No comments: