This place was crowded and we had to stand around, waiting for a table. This gives me time to look at everyone's food to see what I might want. What I did see was alot of fruit topped french toast and pancakes. This was going to be perfect for MeAsWe.
They had these cups with rubber bottoms, which were made so they didn't slip on the table. I didn't appreciate the neatness of the cup because I couldn't feel the cup hit the table when I put it down. Kinda of like not being able to feel the road under the tires. For this I am a touchy feely type person.
I selected the eggs and lean hash for breakfast, figuring it was the healthy choice. I have to say my egg was cooked to perfection. Now you are saying it is a Flipped and Broken, how can you mess that up. This went beyond just a flipped and broken. Take a careful look at the edges, that is perfection.
MeAsWe pretending to listen to me expound on the egg cuisine
After breakfast MeAsWe has her last cigarette for eva and I stroll across the street for this sign. Not neon but sign of Googie architecture is there.
As we meander thru Braintree MA. Not sure you can meander thru an urban setting but there is water nearby someplace. Now the reason for the stop isn't that interesting
But what is there is interesting. Best I can tell this thing is original and I believe it is a 51.
Hitting the first of four main purposes for the day to put the finishing touches on our Silver National Park Tour. We really don't need these, but just to make sure. While I was in the VC getting our stamps I always buy a pin for my collection of stuff. They had commemorative tins of chocolate with the Adams National Historic Park logo on them. When I got to the register, I told the ranger that it was beginning to look like a CVS with the chocolate thing going on. This really cracked her up and she said it made her day.
|Adams National Historic Park Visitor Center|
The next stop was a really difficult stop. In the heart of Boston on Joy Street is the Boston African Womens museum. I sat on the bike, pointing down hill, while MeAsWe ran in for the stamp. This is a place we have to come back to for a better visit.
Traveling from Boston to Salem is never really fun. Lots of traffic, lots of drivers that pay you no mind, crappy roads. Just getting out of Boston is a pain. In Lynn, the City of Sin, this place can brighten up your day with the colors alone. It has been said, "Lynn Lynn, City of Sin, You never go out the way you came in"
Salem is a neat place to visit. Between the Witches, boats and history, you just can't go wrong.
Some really great Neon. The were selling sweat shirts that said, I got it n the Bunghole. There wasn't a big line for them.
Great USA town to boot
MeAsWe having another one of those Last Cigarettes.
It is right around 4pm and making our last stop for day is iffy. The forecast for 30% chance of rain, probably has moved to the 70% range.
We grab 2 more BBQ Joints and head to Lowell, MA. That 70% moved to 100% on the way into Lowell. We make it right around 4:45pm and generally the VC's close right around 5pm. Lowell has decided to have a folk festival this weekend and we can't pull right up to the VC. I pull into a gas station and MeAsWe heads for the VC for Ink. While she was gone I take some pictures to pass the time away.
Some more of that Neon
Walking in the Rain. you know that Gene Kelly song. That's MeAsWe making her way back to the bike in the white end to end.
A trolley with places to go
We get home, hang up our gear in the bathroom and head for the couch.
Today's graphical look of our trip, about 175 miles, and it took all day